What is a Companies House prosecution for late filing?
Thousands of Directors of companies each year receive summonses to attend the main Magistrates Court in Cardiff because they’ve been charged with an offence of failing to file or being late in filing certain company records at Companies House. This often comes as a shock and Directors need urgent advice which we can provide.
Directors can be prosecuted by Companies House for each set of accounts or other records, and fined hundreds of pounds; and receive a criminal conviction. Legal advise is essential, and we are experienced in providing both advice and practical solutions. We have successfully helped many Directors facing prosecution, including where they faced multiple charges.
We have successfully assisted Directors where:
- Directors were being prosecuted for not filing accounts or for filing accounts many months after they were due to be filed;
- Directors or family members were ill for long periods;
- There were disputes between Directors;
- Accountants had failed to file the Accounts;
- Accounts could not be prepared or audited, for a wide variety of reasons;
- Directors had been convicted previously and faced new charges;
- Directors were being prosecuted after Accounts had been filed, but were filed late, even by a single day;
- Directors required more time in which to finalise Accounts or have them audited;
- Directors have been convicted in their absence, for example because they did not know they were being prosecuted or did not know the trial date;
- and many more situations
We are happy to work with Directors’ current lawyers and accountants, having worked on that basis for many clients.
If you, or one of your clients, are facing prosecution, then call us on 029 2022 1300 now or email us at email@example.com to find out how we can help. We are happy to take initial telephone enquiries without charge.
All these prosecutions take place in one of the Cardiff Magistrates Courts, which is located close to our offices.
To find out more about the Court’s based in South Wales and to see the full list, please click here…